- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Makes 30 cookies
- 2 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate toffee pieces (Heath Bar chips)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350.
In a mixing bowl add butter and beat well. Add sugars and mix well for 1 minute. Scrape bowl and mix 20 seconds. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well for 1 minute. Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined. Add chocolate toffee chips, chocolate chips and nuts. Mix until combined. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
Use a 1-inch cookie scoop and place cookies 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking tray. Bake on the center rack in the oven for 9-10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned. Remove and allow to sit for several minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.