- Cauliflower with Sweet Potatoes
- This is a great side dish and the coriander, ginger and turmeric make it delicious and not your average cauliflower dish.
- Serves 4-6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
Place the oil in a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric, and salt and toast for 15 seconds and then add the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup water and cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and stir well to combine. Add 1/2 cup of water and place a tight fitting lid on the pan and cook until the cauliflower is cooked to your doneness, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add more water if the pan gets a little dry throughout the cooking process.