- Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan and Lemon
- This takes seconds to prepare, and 10 minutes to cook.
- Serves 6
- 2 bunches of asparagus, ends cut and washed
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon of juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (optional)
Oven at 425 degrees, and oven rack on the bottom shelf.
On a large cookie sheet, place asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, lemon zest and drizzle with olive oil. (You can also sprinkle a combination of rosemary, thyme, or fresh garlic.)
Place in oven and roast for 5-6 minutes. Remove and with tongs turn the asparagus over and sprinkle with Parmesan. Place back in oven for 3-4 minutes or until and can easily be pierced with the tip of a knife. Remove and sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.
You can also serve them at room temperature.