- Roasted Asparagus with Tarragon-Shallot Vinaigrette
- This takes seconds to prepare, and 10 minutes to cook.
- Serves 6
- 2 bunches of asparagus, ends cut and washed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar, sherry vinegar or cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
Oven at 425 degrees, and oven rack on the bottom shelf.
In a small bowl, add shallots, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper and tarragon and with a whisk, mix well. While whisking, slowly drizzle the olive oil until it is emulsified. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
On a large cookie sheet, place asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
Place in oven and roast for 5-6 minutes. Remove and with tongs turn the asparagus over. Place back in oven for 3-4 minutes or until asparagus can easily be pierced with the tip of a knife. Remove.
Place asparagus on serving platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette. The asparagus can be served warm or room temperature.