- Roasted and Parsnips and Carrots
- You can mix everything together several hours before roasting.
- Serves 8
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme or rosemary, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 8 parsnips, peeled, tops cut off, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut in half again
- 8 carrots, peeled, tops cut off, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut in half again
Preheat oven to 425.
In a large bowl, add olive oil, garlic (optional), salt and pepper, and fresh or dried thyme or rosemary (optional), and mix all veggies together and place on 1 or 2 cookie trays. Do not overcrowd the vegetables and make sure they have enough air circulating around each of them. Make sure one flat side of each veggie is making contact with the cookie tray for great browning.
Roast in oven on bottom rack for 10 minutes and if they are well browned, turn them over and continue cooking another 10 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife.
The technique tips would be:
1. Cut all vegetables the same size,
2. Use a hot 425 degree oven
3. Place oven rack on the bottom shelf
4. Don’t use too much olive oil so the vegetables are swimming in oil.
5. Do not overcrowd vegetables on cookie tray.