- Barbeque Grill Basket Beef and Vegetables
- You can use chicken, pork, shrimp, tofu or any protein you like and any combination of vegetables. Cut everything the same size for even cooking. All the ingredients of shish kebabs without all the skewering!
- Serves 4
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 New York steak, fat removed, and cut into 1/2- inch slices (use more meat if you would like)
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red, yellow or green pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 squash, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 mushrooms, washed, cut into quarters
- 12 cherry tomatoes
In a large bowl add all the marinade ingredients and mix well. Add the meat and vegetables (except the tomatoes) and mix well. Can be marinated for 20 minutes or several hours.
Heat barbeque to high heat and place grill basket on grill. Tumble the mixture onto the grill basket and evenly distribute but do not stir. Add tomatoes to bowl and toss to coat. Set aside. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, and then turn vegetables and meat over and continue cooking 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and turn again and cook 3 minutes. Continue cooking until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are easily pierced with the tip of a knife, about 2-3 minutes.
10 WW points