- Chicken with Chili Sauce and Pineapple
- This dish is so quick to put together and is delicious! Serve it with rice to catch all the fabulous sauce. The chili sauce is not spicy at all and it gives a sweet and sour flavor to the dish.
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, medium diced
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sherry, white wine, or water
- 12-ounce jar chili sauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8-ounces canned pineapple chunks with juice
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. It will not be cooked through at this point. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add sherry and cook 1 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Taste for sweet and sour and add more vinegar or brown sugar for balance. Serve.