- *Peach Cobbler *
- This recipe seems strange that you don't put the butter with the batter, but trust me, it works when you pour the melted butter on the bottom of the baking dish, add the fruit and then the cobbler mix. You can use any kind of fruit or combination of fruit, and you can also use canned and drained peaches or pears. If you are using berries, add 3 tablespoons of flour to the berries and gently toss with the sugar.
- Serves 8-10
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 cups peaches, sliced
- ¾ cup sugar (or less)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk
Preheat oven to 350. Spay oil a 9x13 pan and pour melted butter on bottom of pan.
In a bowl add sliced peaches, sugar and spices and gently mix. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add all cobbler ingredients and mix well. Pour batter over melted butter.
Scatter peaches over cobbler batter and place in oven. Bake for 1 hour or more until the top is lightly browned and the fruit is bubbling.
Remove and allow to cool a little before serving.